Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thank You Card

I decided a thank you card was a good stock card that is useful to a lot of people. For this one, I started with making the background paper. This was actually created using my first seamlessly tiling pattern. I started with drawing the flower and swirl pattern in Illustrator and then colored them in Photoshop and created the tile. For the words, I had originally envisioned them as hung on a clothes line with clothes pins holding them on, but that idea quickly changed to being machine sewn to the card. I enjoyed working with all the fun, bright colors of the letter papers.

For this one, I took the plunge and sent it off to a offset printer to print a gazillion rather than just a few at the local copy store. I think they turned out really nice. They are printed on a high quality cover paper with a glossy finish on the front. The printing is very sharp. I had nightmares about having uploaded files wrong so that the inside was turned the wrong way, but they came back looking perfect. Another nice part of the offset printer was the inside could be full color. So, if anyone needs Thank You cards, message me with how many you need and I can give you a price quote. They will be about 50 cents a piece. If you need a whole bunch, we can work out a lower price.

No comments:

Post a Comment