Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Feminine Birthday Card

After completing my rainbow trout birthday card, I decided to make one that was more feminine. I struggled with inspiration on this one. I started with a picture of the first rose that bloomed on a rose bush my husband planted at our new house. The picture had turned out beautiful, but the rose just didn't fit with the paper. I'm not sure why not, but it looked out of place. I tried blending it in with various artistic filters and framing it, but nothing really helped enough. So, the rose got cut--hopefully you'll see it on a future project.

While still working with the rose, I started playing around with the pressed tin action from atomiccupcake.com. I love this action. It creates the most fun elements. It was such a fun element that I decided to make it the main focus of the card instead of the rose. Here is the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment